Guided Small Group Return Day Trip from Auckland
Discover the Trilogy; the 3 most famous attractions in the North Island in a 1 Day Trip from Auckland by this global award-winning Company). Journey to Middle-earth and marvel at the magical and enchanting Hobbiton Movie Set, a picturesque, highly-elevated 1250-acre farm with spectacular panoramic views as you soak up the idyllic setting with the 44 Hobbit holes where The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit Movie Trilogies were filmed. Listen to your expert guide unfold behind the scenes stories. Be fascinated as the magical world of the Hobbiton Movie Set comes to life and see and take photos in front of your favourite places like the Hobbit holes, the Shire, the Green Dragon Inn.
The adventure continues to Rotorua to the World Famous Te Puia which is home to remarkable geothermal features, including the famous Pōhutu geyser as well as rich layers of Māori culture, including art works, people, stories, traditions and architecture. There are lush nature trails teeming with native bird life and you will even find New Zealand iconic native flightless bird, the Kiwi, on site. Throughout the day, marvel at the stunning scenery en route as we journey off the motorways into the real hinterland of New Zealand.
Out Trip wouldn't be complete on this Day Tour rom Auckland as we then explore the awe-inspiring Waitomo Glowworm Caves with the spectacular limestone formations (stalactites and stalagmites) and the amazing boat trip through the Glowworm Grotto.
All admission fees to the 3 attractions are included as well as a café style lunch
Our Hobbiton. Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Te Puia (Rotorua) Full Day Tours include:
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tickets
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves Tickets
- Te Puia Tickets
- Small group tours that can accommodate either a maximum of 11 or 14 people
- New Zealand’s three most famous attractions including the oldest attraction in New Zealand
- Specially brewed complimentary beverage at The Green Dragon Inn
- A 2-hour tour of The Lord of the Rings and Hobbiton Movie Set with an expert tour guide
- Knowledgeable local guide with outstanding knowledge of Hobbiton, the Waitomo Caves, Rotorua and the surrounding areas
- Plenty of time to explore Hobbit Holes, The Green Dragon Inn, The Mill and other amazing set structures
- Time to take great photos of the stunning surroundings
- Remarkable stalactites, stalagmites and thousands of tiny glowworms during your guided tour of the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves and the awe-inspiring boat ride through the caverns of the Caves
- Includes a café style lunch
- Visit the 70-hectare Te Puia Geothermal Park in Rotorua with the world famous Pohutu geyser and the Maori Cultural Village
- Encounter close up New Zealand’s most famous bird, the Kiwi
- Walk the lush nature trails teeming with native bird life
- See the National Maori Arts and Crafts Institute with its carving and weaving schools
- Learn about native New Zealand history and culture from a Maori guide
- 12-hour tour returning at approximately 6:30pm
- Book Tickets now at www.aucklandscenictours.co.nz/hobbiton-waitomo-glowworm-rotorua-tour/
Departures: --Free pick up and drop off from the Sky Tower or other downtown CBD locations (only) by prior arrangement. Tour leaves Auckland at 6:15am (pickup in the preceding 15 minutes-returns approx 6:00pm).
Youth(8-14 Years) 249.00
Child (4-7 Years) 179.00
Infant (0-3 Years) 125.00