This Day Trip from Auckland is the proud recipient of:
- the 2022 Trip Advisor Winner of the New Zealand and Australia Experience Award
- the 2019 Best Group Tour in the World
- the Trip Advisor 2020 #1 Travel Experience in New Zealand www.aucklandscenictours.co.nz/awards/
- the Trip Advisor 2022 "Best of The Best" Award.
Our Hobbiton Movie Set Tour and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Tour is the best and most inexpensive way to see New Zealand’s two most iconic and famous attractions, The Hobbiton Movie Set (Lord of the Rings and The Trilogy) and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves in this full Day Trip from Auckland.
Be fascinated as the magical world of Hobbiton comes to life and see and take photos in front of your favourite places like the Hobbit holes, the Shire, the Green Dragon Inn. Be captivated by the thousands of magical glowworms as you glide silently by boat in the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. All admission fees are included as well as a café-style lunch at The Homestead at Waitomo. You can book your Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Tickets (guided) and your Waitomo Glowworm Caves Tour & Tickets (guided) today at www.aucklandscenictours.co.nz/hobbiton-waitomo-caves-day-tour/
Our Hobbiton Movie Set & Waitomo Glowworm Caves Full Day Tour from Auckland includes:
- Free pick-up and drop-off at all Downtown Auckland CBD hotels only.
- Small group tours that can accommodate either a maximum of 11 or 14 people.
- Visit, on our Hobbiton Movie Set Tour and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Tour, New Zealand’s two most famous attractions.
- Specially brewed beverage at The Green Dragon Inn.
- A fully guided tour of The Hobbiton Movie Set with an expert tour guide.
- A fully guided tour of The Waitomo Glowworm Caves with an expert tour guide.
- Remarkable stalactites, stalagmites and thousands of tiny glowworms during your guided tour of the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Finish the Tour with The Boat Ride on the river in the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, the oldest attraction in New Zealand.
- Includes café-style lunch at the Homestead at Waitomo
- Highly knowledgeable local tour guide
- Book your Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Tickets and your Waitomo Glowworm Caves Tour & Tickets here.
Construction on the Hobbiton Movie Set: A major and very exciting development project is underway at the Hobbiton Movie Set. This will increase the length of the Hobbiton Movie Set Tour by 30 minutes from 1 December 2023 with the resultant increase in the Hobbiton Entrance fee reflecting this. In the interim, it will impact tours between April-November 2023. Tours throughout this period will follow an alternate route around the construction zone and will not be able to see Bagshot Row, including Samwise Gamgee’s home. There will also be some construction noise and machinery on Set as work is underway transforming the hillside. You can read more about the Bagshot Row Project here.
Price on tours from 1 December 2023:
Youth (8-14 Years) 225.00
Child (4-7 Years) 169.00
Infant (0-3 Years) 135.00